Drop Bury Technician
As an organization, United Smart Tech holds itself to the highest possible standards. We believe that technology should simplify your life, not complicate it. While much of today’s technology comes and goes, the infrastructure developed and installed by our professionals will last for generations United Smart Tech is proud to offer a network of professional, best-in-class technicians covering six states across the southern United States.
Seeking professional individuals with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and customer service experience to perform drop buries of coax and fiber optic cable to homes and businesses. This position will also require occasional bores under sidewalks and driveways.
Minimum Education/ Experience Requirements :
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Positive, courteous and pleasant interpersonal skills when working with customers
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Must have a SUV, VAN or TRUCK, along with active vehicle insurance.
- Must have the basic tools and equipment
- 1-2 years of experience digging in both standard and high-risk residential and commercial areas to include live and operational utilities
- Experience in handling cable to include coax, copper, and fiber optic.
- Standard aerial / underground installations.
- Must be able to climb utility poles and handle ladders up to 40’.
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at knees and waist, squat and lift 50 lbs. or more to include body weight, equipment, tools, wire spools, boxes, etc.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time on varied surfaces.
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, etc.).
- Must be responsible and willing to work a consistent schedule.
- Must be flexible to work long and/or unpredictable hours.
- Organization of materials and other resources necessary to complete excavation requirements, which may include basic hand tools, shovels, rakes, pickax, etc.
- Maintain customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns as well as answering any questions.
- Maintain safe work environment by following codes, standards, and regulations.
- Must be able to pass a background check, driving record check, and drug test.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to keep accurate notation of completed work and submit to dispatch in a timely manner via a smartphone application.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must take pride in your work, as well as attention to detail.
- Must be on time every time.
- Basic understanding of HFC networks
- Basic understanding of RF, AC, DC
- Basic understanding of customer premise network
- Experience with splicing coax cable
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Broadband industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCRI, SCTE)
Related Work Experience
- Telecommunications Installation/Service
- Coax and/or fiber network installation and maintenance
Job Types: 1099 Independent Contractor
United Smart Tech is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Seeker Tools
Sign up for email job alerts