As an organization, United Smart Tech holds itself to the highest possible standards. We believe that technology should simplify your life, not complicate it. While much of today’s technology comes and goes, the infrastructure developed and installed by our professionals will last for generations United Smart Tech is proud to offer a network of professional, best-in-class technicians covering six states across the southern United States.
The primary responsibility of the Outside Plant Fiber Splicer will be to prep and splice fiber optic cables in outdoor settings, read, create and maintain splicing schematics and diagrams, and maintain control of OSP activities surrounding the assigned project. The candidate will take and maintain accurate splicing and field notes and support project timelines, in addition to performing end to end OTDR tests, reviewing test results for acceptable loss readings, and providing close out packages complete with pictures, formal loss results, and redlined schematic documentation. Other duties and responsibilities may be required and/or assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High School diploma or equivalent (i.e., GED) is required, with a strong background in math and science
- Positive, courteous, and pleasant interpersonal skills
- Must be able to pass a series of background and MVR checks, along with a drug test.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to complete required documentation accurately and on time
- High level of manual dexterity
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at knees and waist for extended periods
- Ability to work while standing for 50% to 70% of the time
- Ability to carry, climb, and operate an extension ladder (approximately 32’ high, 90 lbs)
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks, and climbing belt as required by OSHA
- Ability to work in extreme environments (i.e., hot sun, freezing cold, crawl spaces, etc.)
- Capable of physically bending, reaching and lifting to 50 pounds
Preferred but not required:
- OSHA Safety Certification or Training
- DOT Experience or Training
- First Aid and CPR Certified
Position Type: 1099 Independent Contractor.
Job Seeker Tools
Sign up for email job alerts